Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Missing My Collie (not talking about a dog...Just Saying)

   I was thinking about our season ending last week, and I really don't have too much of an issue with it. I guess it's just me being used to seeing such great Colt teams such as the one that we had last year.

   This year just never really felt that way. Starting off with a loss, we didn't do very well this season. We did have a good start if take away the first game against the Texans, but our season seemed to take a huge turn when we started to lose guys.

   Our entire season can be pretty much summed up into one game. When we played the Eagles in a close game, we seemed to be in pretty good shape until Austin Collie was knocked out of the game with a season shattering concussion.

   Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of other guys that could have stepped up and a lot guys that also were injured, but it seemed as if Collie was that last straw. We knew Dallas wasn't coming back and we needed the slot guy. Austin was that, and when he went down it was down hill from there.

   Peyton seemed to find his game without Austin by the end of the, but it wasn't enough. I guess what I'm trying to say is that we don't need to be upset about not winning it all. It not that we are just a bad team, and it's not that we need a new coach. We just needed to be healthy.

So when you're sitting around during the offseason thinking about what went wrong, don't blame it on a coach or a player. Just know that it was just an unlucky lack of healthy guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment